A PUNE Ring: Tidbits from the Journey
The journey was covered in 5 buses, 2 trains, 2 cars and 1 auto rickshaw! The total distance covered was above 3000 kms, and the time taken was 5 days. Some points:
- Myself and My dad took an MSRTC Volvo from Dadar to Pune (MH 12 AR 9736). We reached Pune at 2200 on January 27, 2007.
- We took the 1097 Pune - Ernakulam Poorna Express from Pune. Our coach was WGACCN 01108 (AS2). The loco in charge was WDM3A #14093 from Pune.
- I could see the Dudhsagar Water falls in broad day light, and that was a beautiful sight indeed!
- We took a KSRTC Superfast bus (KL15 6170) from Ernakulam to Coimbatore.
- From Coimbatore, we boarded the 1014 Coimbatore - Lokmanya Tilak Express. The loco in charge was WDM3D #11101 of Erode from CBE to Bangalore. From Bangalore, WDP4 #20035 of Krishnarajapuram took charge.
- We alighted at Pune, and took an MSRTC Volvo (MH11 T 9231) from Pune to Belapur!